Fresh Raspberry Tamales With Ginger Custard Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $1.16 view details
- 1/2 c. Butter - (1 stick)
- 2 1/2 c. Masa harina
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 c. Boiling water
- 1 1/2 c. Sweet corn kernels pureed (approximately 3/4 c. puree)
- 1 1/2 c. Raspberries pureed and strained
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 c. Golden brown raisins plumped in
- 1/2 c. Rum for 30 min and liquid removed
- 1/2 c. Toasted minced almonds
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped candied lemon peel optional Ginger Custard Sauce see * Note Fresh raspberries Mint sprigs
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the butter till light and fluffy (4 to 5 min). Add in the masa, baking pwdr, salt and sugar and mix until blended. Add in the water, corn puree, raspberry puree and vanilla and mix just till combined. Dough should be light and very moist.
- Spread the dough on soaked corn husks in a square approximately 1/4-inch thick. Distribute some of the raisins, almonds and candied lemon peel in center and roll up to create a cylindrical shape. Tie or possibly fold ends of husks over to enclose tamale. Steam tamales for 30 min and serve hot with some of the Ginger Custard Sauce and a garnish of fresh berries and mint sprigs.
- This recipe yields 10 to 12 tamales.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 119g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 100||35%|
|Total Fat 11.44g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6.07g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.6g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|