Fresh Peach Cobbler Recipe
I was at a small cookout at my friends house and after we ate dinner (while the men were outside drinking beer..lol) we decided to make a homemade peach cobbler to have with some vanilla ice cream... and yyummmy! It turned out to be sooo GOOD!!
Servings: 8 3/4 c
Cost per serving $0.33 view details
- 4 c pealed sliced peaches
- 2 c sugar
- 1/2 c water
- 8 Tbl REAL butter.. no margarine!!
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c milk
- about 1 Tbl of flour or cornstarch added with small amt of water mixed to make a paste**
- Mix peaches, 1 c of sugar, dash of cinnamon and water in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to boil then turn down to simmer for 10 min.
- When peaches come back down to a good simmer mix together flour or cornstarch with some cold water to make a paste.
- Add to peach mixture. Whisk to get out clumps.
- Put stick of butter into 8x10 glass baking dish and place into oven to melt the butter.
- While butter is in the oven mix together remaining sugar, flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Slowly pour milk over the dry mix and gently mix together to avoid clumping.
- When butter is fully melted spoon dough over the butter. DO NOT STIR.. It does not need to be evenly spread.
- Spoon peaches over the dough.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over peaches.
- Put into oven :)
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 123g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 108||26%|
|Total Fat 12.29g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 7.63g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 72.3g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|