Fresh Cavatelli With Eggs And Bacon (Cavatelli 'ncatenati) Recipe
Cost per serving $1.81 view details
- 1/4 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 8 Oz. Slab or Thick Cut Bacon, Cut Into 1/2-Inch Pieces
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Fresh Cavatelli
- 2 Cups Fontina Cheese, Shredded
- Fill a large pot with salted water, and heat to a boil. Pour the olive oil into a skillet, and set it over medium-high heat. Drop in the butter, let it melt, then scatter in the bacon pieces. Cook the bacon, stirring and tossing the pieces, for 5 minutes or so, until they're crisp and caramelized. (If the bacon rendered lots of fat, you can pour off half the fat in the pan.)
- Beat the eggs and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl until well blended. When the water is at a rolling boil, drop in the cavatelli, stir, and return the water to a boil. Cook the cavatelli 4 to 5 minutes, until al denté, lift them from the pot, drain briefly, and spill them into the skillet.
- Over medium heat, toss the cavatelli with the bacon pieces, coating the pasta with the oil, butter, and bacon fat, too. Pour the beaten eggs all over the pasta, stirring and tumbling them together; keep scraping the coagulating egg from the sides and bottom of the pan, and incorporate it in with the wet eggs. Cook for a minute or two, just until all the egg is lightly cooked and custardy and evenly scrambled into the cavatelli.
- Turn off the heat, scatter the shredded Fontina over the eggs and pasta, and toss thoroughly to blend in the cheese as it melts. Serve immediately.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 237g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 377||44%|
|Total Fat 42.37g||53%|
|Saturated Fat 17.22g||69%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 85.8g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|