Fluffy frittata with spinach Recipe
Cost per serving $1.04 view details
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 eggs, separated
- 140 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and wrung dry or
- 140 g fresh spinach, cleaned, blanched, well-drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper, freshly ground
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Grana Padano cheese, grated
- In a medium oven-proof skillet heat the olive oil, add the garlic and cook until softened.
- In a glass or metal bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, beat the egg yolks and stir in the spinach and ricotta cheese; season with the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the hot skillet and cook over medium heat until just set around the edges, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the frittata to the oven and bake at 200°C until golden and fluffy, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Grana Padano all over the top and bake for 2 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 186g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 157||65%|
|Total Fat 17.62g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 5.75g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.93g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|