Flank Steak In Orange Garlic And Chili Marinade Recipe
- 2 c. freshly squeezed orange juice Juice of 3 limes
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 c. hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- 1 x (2- to 3-lb.) flank or possibly skirt steak
- To prepare marinade, whisk all ingredients in a large bowl till well blended. Place steak in a large, shallow, non-reactive pan. Pour marinade over top and turn steaks to proportionately coat. Marinate steak in refrigerator for at least 6 hrs.
- To prepare steak, preheat broiler. Place steak on a broiling pan (reserving marinade). Set pan on highest rack in oven (5 to 8 inches below heat source) and broil about 5 min per side for rare (if you cook it too much it will become quite tough). While steak is cooking, pour reserved marinade into a saucepan over high heat, bring to a rolling boil and boil for 5 min.
- To serve, slice steak very thin across grain. Serve with marinade on side.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner