Fish Cakes Recipe Air Fryer Method Recipe
Cost per serving $2.74 view details
- 10 ounces mashed potatoes
- 10 ounces imitation crab meat (or fish of your choice)
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs (for coating)
- cooking spray
- To Make the Fish Cakes:
- Take about 2 large potatoes. Peel, cut and boil until tender. Once cooked, drain and mash (enough to make 10 ounces). Set aside.
- In a food processor combine the fish, salt, pepper, and egg. Pulse 3-4 times until smooth.
- Place the fish mixture, mashed potatoes and green onion in a large bowl. Combine with a rubber spatula.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish (with a rim).
- Divide the fish mixture into 6 portions.
- Form each portion into a patty. (Roll into a ball, and lightly press to form a thick patty).
- Coat each patty on all sides with the breadcrumbs.
- Place the patties on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- To Cook the Fish Cakes:
- Turn your air fryer on to 425º F.
- Remove the fish cakes from the fridge.
- Place them in the cooking basket of your air fryer. Depending on your model, you may have to cook these in 2 batches if they don't all fit in the basket.
- Spray them lightly with cooking spray on both sides.
- Place in the air fryer and cook for 10-15 minutes (or until golden brown). I turned the patties over around the 1/2 way mark.
- Remove from air fryer when done.
- Place on a serving dish.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 100g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 14||12%|
|Total Fat 1.56g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.81g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|