Filo Leaves With Summer Berries Recipe
Cost per serving $0.94 view details
- 12 x Circles of filo pastry
- 100 ml Double cream, (3 1/2fl ounce)
- 7 tsp Icing sugar
- 100 ml Greek lowfat yoghurt, (3 1/2fl ounce)
- 200 gm Mixed fresh summer berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, wild strawberries and blackberries (7oz) Extra berries and mint sprigs to decorate Strawberry coulis
- 200 gm Strawberries, halved (7oz)
- 45 gm Icing sugar, (1 1/2oz)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F/gas mark 6.
- Place the filo circles individually on greased baking sheets, brush lightly with water and bake for 10-15 min till they are golden brown and lightly puffed up. Leave to cold.
- Whip the double cream with 6 tsp of the icing sugar till it forms soft peaks, then stir in the lowfat yoghurt. Slice or possibly quater strawberries, then carefully fold all the berries into the cream mix.
- Place a filo disc on each serving plate and spoon a little of the fruit mix. Cover with another filo pastry disc, add in more fruit and top with third filo disc. Repeat to make 3 more desserts in the same way, then dust the tops with the remaining icing sugar. Decorate with extra berries, if wished, and a mint sprig and then pour a little coulis around each dessert.
- Serve at once.
- To make the coulis: Liquidise, puree and then pass through a fine sieve.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 169g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 110||31%|
|Total Fat 12.43g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 4.52g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 55.87g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.5g||25%|