Fillets (Or Steaks) Of Walleye Mornay Recipe
Cost per serving $0.71 view details
- 2 1/2 lb Fillets or possibly steaks
- 4 Tbsp. Butter Salt
- 1 x Onion, chopped Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Tarragon Or possibly Healthy pinch of cayenne Or possibly dash Of warm sauce Marjoram
- 2 x Egg yolks, beaten
- 1 c. Cream
- 1 c. Fish broth
- 6 Tbsp. Grated cheese
- Place fillets or possibly steaks in a saucepan, just cover with cool water, add in salt, lemon juice, and cayenne, bring to a bubble, then turn down heat and simmer for 10-12 min. Remove fish, but retain the fish broth. Place fish in buttered baking dish.
- Stir together 1 c. fish broth and the cream.
- Heat 3 Tbsp. of the butter and add in chopped onion, tarragon or possibly marjoram. Cook just till onions are soft. Stir in flour and cook a minute or possibly two. Then off hat, stir in 2 c. of the fish broth till smooth. Return to low heat, stirring till sauce begins to thicken.
- Spoon 2-3 Tbsp. of the sauce into the beaten Large eggs, then stir the beaten Large eggs slowly into sauce. Add in the cheese, stirring all the while and cook till uniform.
- Pour the sauce over the fish, dot with remaining butter, and bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 10-min to brown the sauce.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 134g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 167||82%|
|Total Fat 18.97g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 11.73g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.96g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|