Fillet Steak Parcels With Red Wine And Kidney Gravy Recipe
Cost per serving $1.60 view details
- 25 gm butter
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 sht filo pastry about 200mm square
- 2 x fillet steaks each weighing about 125g
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. red pesto or possibly sundried tomato paste
- 1 x shallot finely minced or possibly half a small onion
- 2 x lambs kidneys cored and finely minced
- 250 ml red wine">wine or possibly wine">wine and stock mixed
- Aga equipment:wire shell on fourth set of runners in roasting oven
- Heat the butter and oil together in a frying pan on the boiling platethen brush the filo pastry with a little of the mix stacking the sheets in pairs. Return the frying pan to the aga season the steaks and brown them quickly on all sides in the warm fat.
- Spread the steaks with half the pesto then wrap each one in pastry gathering the rnrners up into a purse.
- Place the steaks on a buttered baking sheet and cook in the roasting ovenfor 10 min till the pastry is crisp.
- Meanwhile add in the shallot to the meat juices in the pan and fry on the simmering plate till soft.
- Add in the diced kidney and cook it quickly till just starting to brown (keep a little pink in the kidneys it possible).
- Add in the wine and cook rapidly till slightly reduced.
- Stir a further 2 tsp pesto into the sauce and season to taste.
- Serve the steaks on a pool of the kidney gravy with the vegetables of your choice
- Serves 2
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 154g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 177||61%|
|Total Fat 19.94g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 7.93g||32%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 3.77g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|