Fig and Parmesan Cheesecake Recipe
Special Equipment: 10-inch springform pan
Cost per serving $2.08 view details
- 1 3/4 cups flour, plus extra to dust pan
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 stick of butter, melted, plus a bit more solid to butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of liqueur, such as kirsch
- 8-10 figs
- sesame seeds to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool. Cut a piece of
- parchment or wax paper to fit the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Butter the pan bottom, place the paper on top and butter it.
- Put the pan in the refrigerator to solidify the butter.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk and beat slowly to incorporate.
- Add the cream and beat slowly to incorporate.
- Add the grated Parmesan, either by beating slowly or by
- taking bowl off mixer and stirring it in gently with a whisk or
- spatula. With bowl off mixer, stir in the flour mixture.
- Stir in reserved melted butter, vanilla and liqueur.
- Remove springform pan from refrigerator and dust the bottom with
- flour; shake out excess.
- Fill the pan with the batter until it is about halfway up the sides.
- Cut the stem end and blossom end off each fig, then cut figs in half horizontally. Press each fig half into the batter, rounded side down.
- The batter will ooze slightly over them. Sprinkle generously with
- sesame seeds.
- Bake until puffy and golden brown, about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Center should be slightly springy to the touch.
- Remove from oven and immediately run a thin paring knife around the edge of the cake.
- Let the cake sit for half an hour before removing the side of the mold.
- The cheesecake is best served warm or at room temperature.
- Refrigerating it will dull the taste. It will keep up to
- 3 days, at room temperature.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 200g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 184||37%|
|Total Fat 20.95g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 12.46g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 63.15g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|