Festively Decorated Dark Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods Recipe
Looking for something easy and fun to make this holiday? Try this sweet and salty union of crisp pretzels smothered in rich dark chocolate. Grab your holiday sprinkles, colored sugar, or jimmies, the possibilities are endless to decorate them… Perfect for holidays gifts, party favors for kids or just pretty enough to put on top of Christmas presents. I love making these for Hanukkah gifts too. Just choose an assortment of blue and white sprinkles. The skinny for one pretzel rod is 92 calories, 3.7 grams of fat and 3 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. They’re great for all ages. Have fun dipping…
- 1 (12 oz) bag semi sweet chocolate chips, I like Ghiradelli semi-sweet or their newest, 60% bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10oz) bag pretzel rods
- Candy sprinkles, colored sugars or jimmies for decorating
- 1. Put the chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler. Add water in the bottom pan and heat the water to melt the chocolate chips. If you donât have a double boiler place the chips in a metal bowl or pot to cover the bottom one that has the water in it.
- 2. When the chips are melted, take off stove and dip each pretzel rod first in the chocolate about half way down the rod. Spread evenly with a knife. Coat the dipped pretzels with sprinkles, jimmies or colored sugars.
- 3. Place the dipped rods on waxed paper to let the chocolate harden. It will take about 1 hour.
- 4. Wrap each in plastic wrap to store or place in an airtight container, plastic bag, or a tin to keep fresh.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 11g|
|Recipe makes 30 servings|
|Calories from Fat 50||86%|
|Total Fat 5.93g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.67g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.58g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|