Festive Fish SEAFOOD salad Recipe
Mild white fish alongside delectably tender seafood opened up appetites. A tangy sauce dressed up crunchy, complimentary vegetables to tie the bow.
Much of this recipe can be made ahead.
For a detailed post...refer here:
- . > Part-1: (pre-cooking the fish and seafood)
- . 8 jumbo (or 24 small) scallops
- .16 medium size shrimps, de-shelled with tails on
- . 1 wing (about 1 cup) of ray fish (or other mild, white fish)
- . 2 Tbsps. e.v.Olive oil
- . 2 Tbsps. unsalted butter
- . splash of fortified Sherry
- . > Part-2: (Salad add-ins)
- . 1 Tbsp. capers, crushed
- . handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- . 4 small, Lebanese type cucumbers* (or celery, avocado)
- . > Part-3: (dressing mix)
- . 1/4 cup e.v.Olive oil
- . 1/8 cup white balsamic vinegar (or lime)
- . 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- . generous sprinkle of both sea salt and granulated garlic powder
. Make up to a day ahead: Wash and pat dry all the fish and seafood before cooking.
. In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter. Start with placing the slices of ray fish. Next add the scallops and lastly the shrimps. Careful not to overcook. Splash in the Sherry and cook a few more seconds. Remove all the fish and seafood to place into a glass bowl which will be going into the refrigerator. Don't forget to flake off the fish off the Ray's wing cartridge. Only leave the fish out for no more than 30 minutes. Place the bowl (lightly uncovered) and onto a pad in the refrigerator to completely cool.
. Assembly -- Hours later or the next day: Keep aside 4 whole shrimps for decoration. Poke the 4 shrimps through with a small decorative skewer or toothpick. Slice the remaining shrimp lengthwise. Cut the scallops into small chunks. Remove the remaining refrigerated fish and seafood. Add all to a medium sized bowl. Mix and combine the salad add-ins from Part-2. Whisk together the dressing mix from Part-3 and combine it thoroughly into the salad.
. Serve: evenly separate the quantities into decorative bowls and top it off with the prepared shrimp decoration.
. * Side cucumber with smoked salmon: (optional) Pre-cut both ends as well as cutting out a V-shaped lengthwise piece. Sliver away the bottom in order for the cucumber not to roll away. Add a few small slices of smoked salmon. Remember to do this just immediately before serving or else the salmon will start to quickly dry out.
. Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com