Favorite Date Nut Bread Recipe
This recipe is chock full of nuts and dates, and never fails to deliver in flavor and moistness. It stores well for several days refrigerated, and freezes well too.
Cost per serving $0.52 view details
- 8 to 10 ounces pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Place dates in medium bowl; add baking soda and boiling water, stirring. Cool to room temperature about 20 minutes, or place in fridge or freezer to speed up cooling.
- Position rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan well.
- Mix together flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl; stir in oil, brown sugar, and vanilla, blending well.
- Stir the cooled date mixture into the egg mixture; add nuts and blend.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture just until blended.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick tests clean in center.
- Remove from oven; cool bread in pan 10 minutes and then turn out of pan and cool on wire rack.
- Yield: 18 large slices 1/2" wide (or cut in half for 36 snack size servings.)
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 66g|
|Recipe makes 18 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||32%|
|Total Fat 7.52g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.77g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 32.32g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|