Favorite Coleslaw Dressing Recipe
A basic mayonnaise-based dressing that we make ahead and have on hand when crunchy coleslaw is on the menu for lunch or dinner. This dressing keeps well for several weeks refrigerated in a mason jar, a vintage bottle from the thrift store, or recycled dressing container (see photos). Yield is a little over 2 cups and will dress a lot of cabbage, so cut the recipe in half or less if you just want enough for immediate uses.
- 2 cups mayonnaise (or use 1 1/2 cups mayo and 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in medium-size bowl.
- Pour into container, cover and store in refrigerator.
- Shake before each use.
- Yield: 2 1/8 cups, or 34 tablespoons
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 15g|
|Recipe makes 34 servings|
|Calories from Fat 97||98%|
|Total Fat 10.95g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1.52g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.44g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|