Enchilada Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Cost per serving $7.88 view details
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 3 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 2 medium poblano pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1 ½ cups Gluten-Free Enchilada Sauce
- optional toppings: Dairy-Free Sour Cream, Avocado, Cilantro, Black Olives
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Rub the skins of the potatoes all over with 1 tablespoon of ghee and pat them with the 1 teaspoon coarse salt. Prick them with a fork a few times and place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Make the filling: Heat the remaining ghee in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Saute the onion, peppers, garlic, and sea salt for 5 minutes. Add the beef and continue cooking until the beef is cooked through and the vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Cut slits in the tops of the cooked sweet potatoes and open them up a bit with a fork.
- Spoon the filling with a slotted spoon into the sweet potatoes, top with warm enchilada sauce and serve.
- Tidbits: The sauce can be made up to 1 week in advance and rewarmed before serving.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 303g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 156||41%|
|Total Fat 17.37g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 8.42g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.97g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|