Eggplant Parmigiana (Slow Cooker version) copyright 2011 art of living,PrimaMedia,Inc/Maria Liberati Recipe
- 4 eggplants
- 1/2 cup parmigiana-reggiano cheese -freshly grated
- 4 cups of tomatoes-canned or fresh
- 3 tblsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1/3 cup Italian flavored brad crumbs
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- Slice eggplant slices to 1/2 inch thick. Warm olive oil in sucepan and saute eggplant o nboth sides for 1 minute. Place on paper towels when finished. In slow cooker, drizzle 1 tblsp olive oil on bottom, then 1/4 cup tomatoes, tehn place 1 layer of eggplant, sprinkle with bread crumbs, parmigiano reggiano cheese, top with layer of mozzarella cheese, spoon sauce on top and then top with another layer of eggplant ,repeat till finished and top last layer with tomato sauce parmigiano-reggiano cheese, mozzarella cheese, add sauce. Top with 3 fresh basil leaves. Cook on low in your slow cooker.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner