EGG PUDDING Recipe
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel (Lipardo's Global Kitchen) for more recipes and future raffle draws for giveaway prizes.
Dr. Obaidullah was one of the doctors of the Late King Faisal of Saudi Arabia. His family became close to us and his wife, Aunt Munawar, taught me how to cook the traditional Indian cuisines. During our stay in Riyadh, I've learned from her this sweet dish. It's so simple, scrumptious and nutritious.
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp. custard powder mixed in a little water to form a paste
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup sugar (for caramel)
- Beat eggs.
- Add sugar, continue whipping.
- Stir in evaporated milk, custard paste, and vanilla essence.
- Caramelize remaining sugar in a heavy pan over low heat.
- Coat immediately the custard mold or baking pan with caramelized sugar.
- Pour the custard into the mold/baking pan.
- Place the mold/baking/pan on a rack in a pan of hot, but not boiling, water.
- Bake in an oven at 325 F ((163 C) for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the custard comes out clean.
- NOTE: Egg Pudding may be steamed in place of baking.
- Cornstarch may be used in place of custard powder. Just add a pinch of yellow food color.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 145g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 75||25%|
|Total Fat 8.44g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4.34g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 48.24g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|