Easy To Make Pumpkin Bread, A Homemade Recipe
Pumpkin is most often seen around the time of Halloween, but it has many other uses. It makes tasty savory dishes and some for the sweet tooth too. Some of the best pumpkin recipes include pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cake and pumpkin bread. You can use both fresh and canned pumpkin for these recipes. Here is a simple pumpkin bread recipe with canned pumpkin that is simply delicious.
Pumpkin bread can be used to make light sandwiches, served as an entrée with salads, or served as a simple dessert with cream cheese frosting or honey. But the best way to serve pumpkin bread is with vanilla custard! The sweetness of the custard and the spiciness of the pumpkin bread make a perfect combination.
- 500 grams of canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger
- Method: This recipe makes one pumpkin bread loaf. If you wish to make more loaves, then adjust the quantities accordingly.
- Preheat the oven to 180Â°C.
- Grease a bread loaf pan using some butter. Brush some flour in the pan. This makes it easy to take the bread out of the pan.
- Break the egg in a deep bowl and use a blender to whisk until fluffy.
- Add the sugar and whisk some more.
- Now take the canned pumpkin, boil it for few minutes and blend it well to make a puree. Strain the puree through a sieve to get rid of any pieces or fiber that might have been left behind. Mix with water.
- Add the puree to the egg and sugar, and blend well.
- Add vegetable oil and blend all the liquids together with the help of a blender on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl, mix the measured flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Add this mix, spoon by spoon, to the prepared batter and blend well after each spoon.
- Pour the batter in the greased bread loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Check by inserting a tooth pick in the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean, your bread is done.
- Cool and cut in slices to serve
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 224g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 178||33%|
|Total Fat 20.17g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.47g|
|Total Carbs 85.92g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|