Easy Raised Doughnuts Recipe
You'll never buy doughnuts again. So delicious
Servings: 2 Dozen
- 1/4 c. lukewarm water
- 1 pkg. dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 c. warm water
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 c. melted fat (oil, shortening or lard)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 c. flour
- 1/2 c. hot lowfat milk
- 1 pound box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine 1/4 c. lukewarm water, yeast and 1/2 tsp. sugar; allow to stand.
- Combine 3/4 c. warm water, fat, 2 Tbsp. sugar and salt.
- Let mixtures cool before combining the two mixtures.
- Then add in egg, and 3 c. flour.
- Mix well and set aside for 1 hour to rise.
- Turn out on a slightly floured board and knead for a few min.
- Roll out and cut. Place cut doughnuts onto waxed paper.
- Let rise until all are cut.
- Fry in warm fat, about 360 to 375 degrees.
- Turn when doughnuts are lightly browned on one side and drain as soon as other side is brown.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner