Easy Pie Crust Recipe
Servings: 2 Crusts
Cost per serving $1.21 view details
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) cold Unsalted Butter (cut into 1/2-inch dice)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for rolling)
- In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar and salt in the water.
- Refrigerate until very cold, about 30 minutes.
- During that time, refrigerate your butter, flour, mixer bowl, and paddle, too.
- Make sure your butter is cut into 1/2-inch dice.
- Bigger pieces will make your dough puffy.
- In the chilled bowl, combine the cold butter and flour.
- With your hands, toss the butter in the flour until each cube is lightly coated.
- With the chilled paddle, beat the flour-butter mixture on low speed to just break up the butter, about 30 seconds.
- Add the water mixture all at once and raise the speed to medium-low.
- Beat just until the dough comes together in big chunks, then immediately turn off the mixer.
- Divide the chunks of dough in half and very gently pat each group into a round 1-inch-thick disk.
- Wrap each tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour, before rolling.
- You can refrigerate the disks for up to 1 day or freeze for up to 3 months.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 301g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 820||61%|
|Total Fat 93.36g||117%|
|Saturated Fat 58.48g||234%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 113.68g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|