Easy Lamb Stew Recipe
Cost per serving $4.81 view details
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1.5-3lbs boneless lamb (whatever parts look good) cut into 1 inch pieces, or 2lbs lamb stew meat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 2 leeks, rinsed and sliced
- 1-2 potatoes, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, rinsed and sliced
- 2 carrots, rinsed and sliced
- 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger (or 1.5 tsp ground ginger)
- 1/ 1/3 cups water (or vegetable stock for richness)
- Mix together spices in a medium bowl. Coat lamb in spice mixture and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Working in batches (if necessary) add lamb to pot and saute until brown on all sides, about 4 minutes a batch. Return all lamb to the pot.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger to pot and saute for 5 minutes. Add leeks, celery, and carrots and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add water or stock followed by the potato chunks. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 490g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 389||61%|
|Total Fat 43.27g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 16.64g||67%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.62g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.0g||13%|