Easy Gluten-Free Enchilada Sauce Recipe
Cost per recipe $4.75 view details
- 3 tablespoons ghee, grass-fed butter, or unflavored coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder*
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 7 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Melt the ghee in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the arrowroot powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining spices stir for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and chicken stock, and whisk until smooth. Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- *for SCD, omit the arrowroot and instead sauté ¾ cup minced onions in the ghee until soft. Puree the entire mixture after step 3 until smooth.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 758g|
|Calories from Fat 392||62%|
|Total Fat 43.88g||55%|
|Saturated Fat 24.84g||99%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 56.59g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.6g||62%|