Easy Bake Biscotti Recipe
The Biscotti can be traced back to Roman times. They were a convenient food that contained sustenance for both travelers and the Roman Legions. The dry, crunchy cookie contained no fat, but was nourishment for the Roman Legion. They were dipped in wine or any other liquid available. Because of the convenience of the Biscotti, the soldier could travel far with this food.
The Biscotti became famous all over Italy, but in Tuscany is where flavors were added; such as anisette, amaretto and lemon.
Columbus is said to be the one who brought the biscotti to the U.S. He needed a viable food source that would resist moisture and mold while on his journey.
Today the biscotti is popular in the U.S as well as many other countries. It is now considered a delectable dessert, which includes fruits and nuts, and is a companion to the coffee. My family has used a variety of fruits and flavors, but the Lemon Cranberry Biscotti is my favorite
- 1 Standard white cake mix
- 2. 1 cup flour
- 3. 1/2 cup butter or oleo
- 4. 2 eggs
- 5.. 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6. 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 7. 1 cup chopped, dried cranberries
- 8. 2 T. grated lemon rind
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.degrees
- 2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3. In large bowl, combine cake mix, flour, butter, eggs and vanilla;. beat well at low speed
- 4. Add cranberries, nuts, and lemon rind. Blend well.
- 5. Divide dough in half.
- 6. Shape each half into 12 inch logs.
- 7. Place each log on parchment lined baking pan
- 8. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- 9. Remove from oven. Allow to cool for at lest 15 minutes.
- 10. Using serrated knife, cut logs, at an angle, into 1/2 inch slices
- 11. Return slices back to oven and bake for 10 minutes
- 12. Remove and let cool on cooling racks.
- Variation: Dip one end of biscotti in melted chocolate. .
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 88g|
|Recipe makes 36 servings|
|Calories from Fat 276||66%|
|Total Fat 32.02g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 13.39g||54%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.27g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|