easy avocado dip Recipe
If you're not making it right when you get home then get avacados that are not quite ripe yet. If you are doing the recipe when you get home get ripe quality avocado. If not ripe, store in a brown paper bag where you can see them at room temp. Check in a couple days they will be ripe. There are many different variations you can do when making guacamole' -like adding home-made pico de gallo - onions, tomatoes, cilantro & lime basically. I prefer the pico, but this is the recipe my sons like best! Its pretty good! Simple too.
- 4 to 6 Large Avacados, ripe & (not hass) please get a quality avocado. I usually get them in a green net bag. Soft to touch but not too soft.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup of hidden valley ranch dressing
- squeeze half a lime in or some lime juice so it doesn't brown too quickly. lemon juice works also, but lime fits with the Mexican style taste.
- Cut all avocados in half, remove seeds.
- Use a large spoon to get all avocado out of peels into bowl.
- Then add salt & pepper to taste or go by recipe here. Add lime & Ranch dressing, then use a potato masher, Stir one last time with a spoon to make sure its all mixed well and evenly salty etc....done! I also like to cut corn tortillas in four and fry those up before making the dip. Or you can just buy them.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 25g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 109||93%|
|Total Fat 12.34g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 1.93g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 1.74g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|