Easy and Nutritious Banana Bread with Oatmeal Recipe
Banana bread makes a wholesome meal for the whole family. It is moist and can be stored for up to two weeks. There are a number of ways to serve the banana bread: you can serve it with coffee or simply eat it as an evening snack with marmalade. Here is a quick banana bread recipe that you can make in no time as it requires only about 15 minutes of preparation time and 50-60 minutes for baking.
- What you'll need for this recipe:
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of raisins (you can skip this if you donât like raisins)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- - Preheat the oven to 180C.
- - In a large bowl, break the egg and mix in the sugar. Use an electric blender to whisk them together until the egg is fluffy and the sugar starts to dissolve.
- - Now add the vegetable oil and mashed bananas to the mix and whisk some more.
- - Once all the wet ingredients are mixed, in a separate bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and oats.
- - Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients one spoon at a time. Mix the ingredients well.
- - Take a 9x5 inch baking loaf pan and grease the insides.
- - Pour the batter in the pan.
- - Roll the raisins in a little flour (this will prevent them from sinking to the bottom) and sprinkle them on the top of the batter.
- - Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of crushed oats on top of the raisins.
- - Bake the bread in the oven for about an hour. Check if the bread is ready by inserting a toothpick in the center; if it comes out clean, it is done.
- - Remove the bread from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack.
- - Cut in slices to serve.
- - While banana bread is easy to prepare and can be eaten as it is, it makes a delicious pudding base too.
- - You can use the banana bread to make a banana split pudding by adding layers of chocolate sauce and cream cheese frosting.
- - Warm banana bread makes a perfect combination with Irish coffee. You can even add some prepared coffee to the batter to get the coffee taste in the bread itself.
- - Dust some icing sugar on the bread before serving.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 242g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 200||26%|
|Total Fat 22.79g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 2.33g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.47g|
|Total Carbs 134.59g||36%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.8g||29%|