Duck Clementina Recipe
Succulent roast duck, with Asian veg, with clementines, cashews, and cranberry, make this a taste delight. The addition of Ruiby Port wine gives a little zing to the sauce.
Prep 20 min
Cook 3 hours
Cost per serving $0.80 view details
- 1 medium-sized wild or domesticated duck
- 3 clementines
- stuffing bread, or whole-wheat with sage, parsley, thyme and rosemary added (amt your preference)
- 1/2 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- Â½ cup salted cashews
- cranberry jelly or cranberry sauce (NOT cranberry flavored Jello!) 1 can
- 2 oz. Ruby port wine
- salt/pepper to taste
- wash duck inside and out
- remove neck and giblets
- place 1 peeled clementine inside open cavity. ***This draws out excess grease and is not eaten after cooking.
- Make stuffing with the bread, add celery, onion, cashews, and remaining clementines.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast 3 hours on low to moderate flame (325 to 350* in electric oven)
- The Sauce:
- Combine the port wine with the cranberry jelly or sauce . Cook until the sauce reduces by nearly a third.
- Pour over the sliced duck to serve. Serve alongside steamed Asian vegetables.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 132g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 81||26%|
|Total Fat 9.58g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.96g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 49.49g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|