Dry Rub Hot Wings Recipe
This is my favorite hot wing recipes. You can use either fresh or frozen wing sections or whole wings. If the wings are frozen, thaw the wings overnight in the fridge. A good tip here is to leave the wings in their original bag but place them in a large bowl because they will leak.
- Recipe for 4lbs. of Chicken Wing Sections or Whole Wings
- 1 Bottle of Frank's Red Hot Sauce 12oz
- Â½ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Place the Chicken Wings in a Large Zip Lock bag and pour the marinade over them. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours. I like to leave them in the marinade overnight if possible.
- Next remove the chicken wings from the marinade and place on wire racks to drain excess liquid. Now it's time to season.
- 1 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Sweet Paprika
- I cook the wings on a Weber kettle grill over direct heat. You don't want a really hot fire because the wings will burn before cooking through.
- I start with a half charcoal chimney and spread them out evenly on the bottom grate. Open the bottom vent to allow air to flow and use the top vent to control the heat. I cook with the top vent in the half open position.
- The wings cook in about 12-15 minutes turning every 3 - 4 of minutes.
- Half way through the cooking I baste the wings with a mixture of Â½ Hot Sauce, Â½ Butter. Just mop it on or dip the wings into it.
- To finish the wings and give them a true âdry rubâ taste, give them a light coat of Killer Hogs BBQ Rub at the very end. You can always use your own, homemade BBQ rub if you like.
- These wings are great at a party but you'll want to cook several bags because they will go fast.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 47g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 240||93%|
|Total Fat 27.13g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 3.75g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.85g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|