Double Ginger Cookies Recipe
Cost per serving $0.12 view details
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°.
- Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease them - whichever is preferred.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and one cup of sugar in a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add egg, molasses, and crystallized ginger; beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and mix on low until blended.
- Add 1/3 cup sugar (you may need more) to a small bowl, which will be used for coating the dough balls.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, a small ice cream scoop, or your hands, roll the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the dough balls in sugar to coat.
- Place the dough balls 1 1/2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake until the cookies are puffed and start to crack on top (12 to 14 minutes).
- If you touch the center of the cookie, it should feel dry on top but soft inside.
- Let the cookies rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes; then transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- When cool, store in an airtight container.
- The flavor will intensify with time.
- The cookies freeze very well.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 18g|
|Recipe makes 48 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||36%|
|Total Fat 3.05g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.87g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.66g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|