Double Dark Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake…Simple, Skinny and Delicious Recipe
Chocolate cake is so popular even dating back to the end of the 19th century. Our skinny recipe is intensely rich, moist and very chocolatey. This is bound to be become your go-to chocolate cake recipe!. You’ll love the ease of putting this together because we’re using a mix. And, it’s not just any mix. Duncan Hines cake mixes are hands down the best. They recently introduced a dark chocolate fudge cake mix. First time we used it, we were sold! To make this cake even more chocolatey we’re adding some heart healthy Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips. This is just a darn good chocolate cake!
Weight Watchers (old points) 5
Weight Watchers POINTS Plus 6
SKINNY FACTS: for one slice
221 calories, 9g fat, 4g protein, 34g carbs, 1g fiber, 395mg sodium, 8g sugar
- Cake Ingredients
- 1 (18.25 ounces) Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) package of instant chocolate fudge or chocolate dry pudding mix
- 1 cup buttermilk or fat-free sour cream
- Â½ cup warm water
- Â¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, we like Egglandâs Best eggs
- 2 whites
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray with flour in it, see shopping tip below.
- 2. In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, combine all the cake ingredients except the eggs and egg whites. Beat well.
- 3. Add the eggs and egg whites and mix well.
- 4. Stir in the chocolate chips
- 4. Pour the cake batter evenly into the coated Bundt pan.
- 5. Bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes and then carefully remove from pan.
- 6. Let cake cool completely and dust with powdered sugar.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 42g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||44%|
|Total Fat 3.27g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 7.72g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|