Dhal (Lentil) Rice Recipe
Rice and dhal scented with ghee and spices.
Servings: 4 person
Cost per serving $0.31 view details
- 2 cups Basmati rice - washed.
- 1 cup yellow dhal/lentil
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger - chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee
- Coriander leaves & fried onions - for garnishing
- Boil dhal with 2 cups of water till half cooked.
- Separate dhal from the water and keep both aside.
- Heat ghee and when heated, sauté onion, ginger and bay leaf .
- Add rice, stir for a couple of minutes.
- Tip into rice cooker and season with salt.
- Pour in the reserved liquid (the water dhal kept aside) and water ( both should come up to 3 cups).
- Add garam masala, stir and let it cook.
- Once cooked, fluff up and garnish with fried onions and coriander leaves before serving.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 132g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 49||12%|
|Total Fat 5.55g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.18g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 78.07g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|