Deep fried fish "Boca Chica" Style Recipe
Today I continue my mission of bringing you the most important recipes of traditional Dominican cuisine!
Since I was very young, I remember that one of the most popular trips was the one to Boca Chica beach. For “capitaleños” (people from the capital city), Boca Chica was an obvious option. A white sand beach 30 minutes away from the city. What else can you ask for?
Lots of memories arise of the traditional spaguettis with bread (a very traditional food to take to the beach in Dominican Republic) which always had a “chin” (Tiny bit in Dominican) of sand, the running around, the green natural algae and the pranks we would always play each other!
One of the classic memories of Boca Chica Beach was when we stopped to buy fried fish, fried sweet potatoes and of course “yanikekes” (Journey cakes)
Yesterday, while we walked by the fish area at the supermarket, we saw some beautiful red snappers and I decided that prepare the delicious dish…and of course share with you all! Enjoy!
- 1 whole fish (I used a red snapper) cleaned and scale free.
- Â½ onion.
- Â½ red bell pepper.
- 1 very ripe tomato.
- 1 spoonful of paprika.
- 2 spoonfuls of tomato paste.
- Olive oil.
- 1 spoonful of garlic paste.
- 1 touch of black pepper.
- The juice of 3 lemons.
- Salt to pleasure.
- Chop the onion, pepper and tomato well and mix it with some olive oil, the lemon juice and the other ingredients. Season the fish well and allow it to rest at least 15 minutes (I left it half an hour)
- Remember that the fish in Boca Chica sometimes remains for hours in the seasoning before a client selects it and has it fried. So don't feel bad if you forget it for a while.
- Fry in very hot oil until ready and serve with âtostonesâ (fried plantains) and yanikekes. A bit of avocado would not dislike this dish either.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 155g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 8||13%|
|Total Fat 0.93g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.18g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.62g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|