Dark Chocolate Torte Recipe
Super rich torte for chocolate lovers.
Cost per serving $0.79 view details
- 2 2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (16 ounces), divided
- 1 cup of salted margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee powder
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- Fresh mint sprigs and blackberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F
- Brush 9-inch-diameter spring form pan with margarine; line bottom with parchment.
- Stir 1 2/3 cups chocolate chips and 3/4 cup margarine in medium saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- Whisk in cocoa and espresso. Cool 10 minutes.
- Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in large bowl on high speed until thick, about 6 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake torte until dry and cracked on top and tester inserted into center comes out with some moist batter attached, about 42 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack for about an 1 hour (center will fall).
- Using spatula, press raised edges so top is level.
- Cut around pan sides to loosen torte and remove sides.
- Place plate atop torte and invert onto plate. Remove pan bottom; peel off paper, and cool torte completely.
- Stir remaining 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate and 1/4 cup margarine in small saucepan over low heat until smooth (do not overheat).
- Cool glaze 15 minutes and pour into center of torte.
- Smooth top with spatula, allowing some of glaze to drip down sides.
- Refrigerate uncovered until glaze is set, about 1 hour. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Garnish with mind and blackberries (or any berry of choice).
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 143g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 382||58%|
|Total Fat 42.82g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 15.63g||63%|
|Trans Fat 4.23g|
|Total Carbs 60.19g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|