Cyn's Famous Curry Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $0.80 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 3/4 cup of diced celery
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 half apple peeled and diced. (Choose a crisp apple like a Fuji or Red delicious)
- 1 cup of cold chicken stock (*or vegie stock)
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. flour.
- fresh pepper & salt
- 2 TBsp. curry powder
- Dash of paprika, cardamom, clove and nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- toasted shredded coconut for topping (optional)
- Saute onions, apples and celery in 2 Tbsp. butter or olive oil until onions are translucent, add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 min. more.
- Add flour, 2 Tbsp. of butter dash of salt & fresh ground pepper to sauteed apple & celery.
- Combine cornstarch to COLD chicken stock and mix well together.
- Add milk, coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce reduces by half and thickens.( Approx. 20 mins.)
- Add golden raisins during the last few minutes.
- Dish is wonderful topped with toasted coconut.
- Serve over Roasted Chicken or Pork Tenderloin
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 167g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 139||60%|
|Total Fat 16.38g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 13.09g||52%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.31g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|