Curried Turkey Salad With Romaine Recipe
Cost per serving $1.64 view details
- 1 c. diced cooked turkey
- 3/4 c. diced celery
- 1/4 c. diced red onion
- 1/2 c. finely shredded carrot
- 3 Tbsp. raisins more or possibly less
- 1/2 x red delicious apple minced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 x clove chopped garlic or possibly to taste
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce or possibly more to taste
- 3 Tbsp. minced walnuts
- 1/2 tsp mild curry pwdr salt and black pepper
- 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning or possibly to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Miracle Whip light or possibly lowfat salad dressing
- 4 Tbsp. plain nonfat yogurt
- 6 slc oat-nut bread (Oro-wheat) or possibly your choice romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine turkey, celery, onion, carrot and raisins. Cut the apple and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Add in apple, lemon zest, garlic and Worcestershire sauce to the salad. Toss to mix. Set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, hot the nuts. When toasted, add in the curry and stir to hot the spice. Add in a healthy pinch of poultry seasoning and remove from heat. Add in salt and pepper. Allow to cold to touch.
- Add in the nut mix to the turkey salad. Add in the salad dressing (miracle whip) and yogurt. Combine well. Serve on toast with romaine lettuce.
- Variation: Dress the salad with coleslaw instead of miracle whip and yogurt.
- NOTES : The recipe is merely a guide to a curried salad of chicken or possibly turkey. It's fun to vary the seasonings and fruits. Try grapes instead of raisins; pears and nectarines are good, too. Warming the curry with the nuts really pops the flavors.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 184g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 69||35%|
|Total Fat 7.87g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.66g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.97g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|