Curried Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Curried Pumpkin Soup is packed with goodness of pumpkin, carrot and apple flavored with whole spices and a dash of curry powder. For the first time I tried apple in a soup and I really liked the taste, apple added a hint of tartness and sweetness to the flavor profile of the soup, which was complimenting the character of whole spices especially cinnamon. With winter breeze knocking at our door every now and then soups are the best comfort meal for this time of the year.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium sized pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp Curry Powder (see recipe here)
- Whole Spices:
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 2 - 3 inch cinnamon stick
- For serving:
- Red chili flakes
- Fresh Cream
- Melon Seeds
- Olive Oil
- In a saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add whole spices and saute until aroma is released.
- Add onion and garlic, saute until translucent but not brown.
- Now add carrot, saute for 4 - 5 minutes followed by pumpkin and apple.
- Season with salt and pepper, as per taste. Mix nicely.
- Add curry powder and hot vegetable stock. Bring the soup to rapid boil once and then reduce the flame to low.
- Let it simmer over medium heat until liquid is reduced to half and vegetables are tender.
- Remove whole spices from the soup.
- Puree the soup to smooth consistency in blender.
- While serving finish with tsp of cream, olive oil, sprinkle melon seeds and chili flakes on top. Serve hot.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 506g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 70||31%|
|Total Fat 7.94g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.44g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.74g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|