Curried Pumpkin (Labu Masak Curry) Recipe
"simply irresistible", made with chilli powder, spices and yoghurt.
Servings: 4 person
Cost per serving $0.33 view details
- 1/2 pumpkin(about 400g) - remove skin and seeds; cut into medium pieces. Steam or simmer till soft
- (Note: otherwise, cook with the rest of the ingredients by pouring in water to soften)
- 4 shallots - sliced thinly
- 1/2 inch ginger - sliced thinly
- 1/2 tbsp plain chilli powder
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tsp white ulundu/urad dhal (can be replaced with black mustard
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves.
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- Saute ginger and shallots in heated oil.
- Add chilli, cumin, fennel and coriander powder.
- Quickly stir.
- Add pumpkin pieces.
- Season with salt and stir a couple of times.
- (note: here's when you have to add water, to soften pumpkin if you didn't steam or simmer)
- Off heat, combine in coriander leaves and yoghurt.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 20g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 85||85%|
|Total Fat 9.67g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 0.96g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 3.86g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|