Curried Chicken with Ginger & Yogart Recipe
By Abigail Chipley , March, 2011
Cost per serving $1.28 view details
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablesppon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 10)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the tomato paste, garlic, curry powder, ginger, cumin, and Â¾ cup water. Add the onion and stir to combine. Place the chicken on top and season with 1 teaspoon salt and Â¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
- Twenty minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Just before serving, add the yogurt and Â½ teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Serve with the rice and sprinkle with the scallions.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 172g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 37||12%|
|Total Fat 4.15g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.02g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.1g|
|Total Carbs 43.57g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|