Cucumber Pineapple Salad Recipe
Cost per serving $0.66 view details
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c. peeled cored diced fresh pineapple in 1/3" pcs
- 1 x cucumber peeled, sliced thin
- 1 x carrot peeled, julienned
- 1/3 c. thinly-sliced red onion
- 4 c. torn salad greens
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Bring sugar, rice wine vinegar and water to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Stir constantly till reduced to about 1/2 c. - about 5 min.
- Transfer to a large bowl and place into refrigerator. When chilled, add in pineapple pcs. Cover and return to refrigerator for one hour.
- Add in cucumber, carrot and red onion to the pineapple mix. Mix well. Place salad greens onto plates. Top with pineapple mix. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- NOTES : People with diabetes or possibly those on calorie-controlled diets may count one serving as: 2 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 135g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 9||11%|
|Total Fat 1.09g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.15g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.13g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|