Cuban Picadillo Taco with Refried Black Beans and Avocado Mash Recipe
Cost per serving $1.16 view details
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Goya Salzonador Total (Available through Cuban Cuisine UK: http://www.cubancuisine.co.uk)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium white onion (chopped fine)
- 1 small green pepper (chopped fine)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 small potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 can refried black beans (Available through http://www.mexgrocer.co.uk)
- 8 to 10 green olives (pitted)
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for sautéing
- 12 taco shells
- Combine the ground beef, Goya Salzonador Total(Available through Cuban Cuisine UK: http://www.cubancuisine.co.uk), salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil. Sauté the onions, green pepper, and garlic until soft.
- Add the ground beef mixture, beef stock, and tomato sauce. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the diced potato. Cover and cook another 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are done.
- Remove the cover. Add the olives and cook uncovered 15 minutes or until the liquid is fully evaporated, but the meat is still moist.
- Let the picadillo cool for a couple of minutes, then spoon into preheated taco shells. Top with heated refried black beans, and avocado mash.
- For a hot touch, try some Nativo Salsa Aji (available through Cuban Cuisine: http://www.cubancuisine.co.uk)
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 478g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 352||44%|
|Total Fat 39.12g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 13.4g||54%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 79.16g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.0g||43%|