Cuban Festival Calamari and Fritters with Mango Chilli Dipping Sauce Recipe
This recipe combines Cuban and Jamaican flavours in a super easy way for a fast and elegant appetiser or main dish.The spicy Festival mix is versatile enough to use as a coating or for fritters...and this entire dish is lifted to a new level when served on some fresh greens.
- 2 cups Festival Mix (available through Cuban Cuisine UK (www.cubancuisine.co.uk)
- 2 fresh squid, cut lenthwise and then into triangular slices of about 11/2 to 2 inch wide pieces.
- 3 cups vegetable oil (and a deep fat fryer)
- 4 tablespoons mango chlli cauce (available through Cuban Cuisine: (www.cubancuisine.co.uk)
- 1 lemon slice
- 1 egg (optional)
- Heat oil in deep fat fryer or stury deep small steel pot.
- Coat squid by dipping it directly into the Festival mix. ( for a thick coating, you cab=n double dipe the squid by giving them an egg white and water dip fefore redipping them into the Festival mix.
- Deep fry the squid in medium hot oil a few at a time until a light golden colour (between 3 -5 minutes)
- Serve with mango chilli dip and lemon slices.
- For Fritters:
- add a few drops of water and an egg to the remaining festival mix. Roll into balls and deep fry for a couple of minutes until golden brown...(they make amazing salad croutons!)
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 182g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1455||99%|
|Total Fat 164.62g||206%|
|Saturated Fat 12.49g||50%|
|Trans Fat 4.22g|
|Total Carbs 0.8g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|