Crockpot Split Pea Soup Recipe
We're split pea soup fans and have a number of recipes. But we've never tried it in our slow cooker before. This simple recipe turned out wonderfully. If you're looking for a classic, flavorful split pea soup, this will more than do the trick.
Cost per serving $2.85 view details
- 7 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried split peas, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slices (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 lbs ham shanks or smoked ham hocks
- Mix all ingredients except ham in 5 qt slow cooker, then add ham.
- Cover and cook on low heat 8 to 10 hrs or on high heat 6 to 7 hours until the peas are tender.
- Remove the ham from the crockpot and place it on the cutting board.
- Pull meat from bones, discard bones and skin, and stir the ham into soup. Stir well before serving.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 502g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 56||14%|
|Total Fat 6.26g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.96g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.25g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.6g||69%|