Crockpot Chicken Portabello over Linguine Recipe
Working all day? Here is a dinner in one pot that will taste like you slaved over a hot stove all day and made a gourmet meal....take a look.. I prepare alot of it the night before, put into the fridge, add to the pot and turn it on when I leave in the morning.
- 4 Chicken Breasts cut in half lengthwise to make eight pieces
- 1 package of sliced portabello mushrooms
- 1lb of fresh green beans cleaned and snipped
- 1lb of fresh sliced carrots
- 8 fresh plum tomatoes quartered and processed in food processor chunky style, you can use vine tomatoes as well.
- 1 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, basil, salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced garlic, fresh basil leaves for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon of rosemary, thyme, cayenne pepper
- 1 can of tomato paste
- grating cheese
- Place vegetables on the bottom of a 5 quart crock pot that has been sprayed with a light oil. Place chicken on top. In a bowl, mix tomatoes, wine, paste, and spices. Pour over chicken. Set the crock pot on low, for 8 hours. High for 6 hours. Boil linguine in salt water. Spoon on plate first top with chicken and vegetables, add cheese and serve.