Crock Pot Chicken Stew Recipe
The perfect Sunday evening supper, this basic stew is pure comfort fare! What I enjoy particularly are the ease of preparation, large chunks of chicken, and the light yummy gravy. Based on a recipe from Taste of Home Magazine, this recipe uses boneless skinless chicken thighs. I have used a meaty turkey thigh in place of chicken: just remove the skin and cut into large chunks around the bone. After cooking, remove meat from bone completely.
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Minced fresh parsley for garnish
- Place potatoes, onion and carrots in a 3-quart crock pot.
- Sprinkle with flour, garlic, thyme, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; toss slightly to coat.
- Place chicken pieces over top and tuck bay leaves down on each side of pot.
- Add broth, cover and cook 7-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 399g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 41||16%|
|Total Fat 4.59g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.19g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 29.64g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|