Creamy Tomato Soup Florentine Recipe
This dreamy tomato soup comes together really quickly. We’ve added some crumbled whole wheat bread to thicken it and spinach to make it even healthier. Serve as a first course soup or create a soup and sandwich meal! The skinny on one cup of our yummy soup is 144 calories, 5 grams of fat and 4 Weight Watchers POINTS
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 slices wheat bread, crust removed
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Â½ cups fresh spinach, stems removed
- Â¼ teaspoon Italian seasonings
- Â½ cup reduced-fat milk, as desired
- Â¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- !. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and bay leaf. Cook onions until soft, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Add tomatoes and mash with a a potato masher or the back of a large spoon. Stir in broth.
- 3. Crumble in bread, Italian seasonings and pepper. Mix well. Bring up to almost a boil and then down to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4. Stir in spinach and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5. Stir in Â½ cup milk and cook for 2-3 minutes until heated completely. Remove bay leaf.
- 6. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheese on top of each serving.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 147g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 82||49%|
|Total Fat 9.13g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2.93g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.21g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|