Creamy Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti Recipe
Cost per serving $1.60 view details
- 29 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 long hot pepper – chopped with seeds
- 1 sweet onion – diced
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley – chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 tsp. Vegeta chicken stock powder plus ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. capers
- 3-4 tbs. red wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ lb. sliced salami – slice into strips
- 3-4 slices provolone – slice into strips
- Romano cheese for grating
- 2-3 tbs. olive oil and more for drizzling
- 2 lbs. of your favorite spaghetti
- Heat a large frying pan with 2 tbs. of olive oil. Add the hot pepper, onion, parsley and garlic; sauté until the onions are softened and the garlic is fragrant. Add the crushed tomatoes; the seasonings and simmer on a low heat.
- In a food processor combine the cream cheese, capers plus a tbs. of caper juice, Vegeta chicken stock powder mix with a ¼ cup of water, red wine and the juice of 1 lemon. Process this mixture until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the sauce and toss. Turn the heat very low.
- Prepare the spaghetti as directed while preparing the sauce and cream cheese mixture.
- Plate the spaghetti in a serving platter. Drizzle a little olive oil; add the sliced provolone and salami and toss with the creamy sauce.
- Serve with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 223g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 191||67%|
|Total Fat 21.68g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 10.21g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.09g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|