Creamy spinach soup Recipe
Cost per serving $1.64 view details
- 50 g butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 450 ml chicken or vegetable stock from 1 cube
- 600 ml milk
- 450 g fresh spinach, washed if necessary and roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest of half a lemon
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 3 tbs double cream, to serve
Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and fry gently for 5-6 minutes until soft.
Pour in the milk and bring up to a simmer, then stir in half the spinach and the lemon zest. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the spinach has completely wilted down. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
Pour the soup into a blender (preferably) or food processor, add the remaining spinach (this will keep the soup bright green and fresh tasting) and process until silky smooth.
Return to the pan and reheat. Taste and season with pepper and nutmeg. Dilute the soup with a little hot water if too thick. Ladle the soup into bowls and swirl in the cream.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 401g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 261||61%|
|Total Fat 29.24g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 14.04g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.07g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|