Creamy Homemade Rice Pudding, Pressure Cooker Style Recipe
If you don't own a pressure cooker, you can still make this recipe on the stove top. You just have to cook this for an hour. With a pressure cooker, I can make this in 16 minutes! This is the creamiest and tastiest rice pudding I've ever had! The Arborio rice, is one of the reasons why. The starchiness of this rice adds to the creamy texture. Of course the whole milk and half & half helps. I added a little cinnamon and golden raisins to this recipe. I enjoy rice pudding warm, but you can also eat it cold. Please click on the recipe source to see how I made this on my food blog, "A Feast for the Eyes". Recipe slightly adapted from the food blog "Pressure Cooking Today".
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins (I used golden)
- NOTE: I use an 8-quart electric pressure cooker. I have used a stovetop version, and I would follow the same steps if that is what you have.
- In the pressure cooker pot, combine rice, sugar, salt, cinnamon and milk. For an electric pressure cooker, select saute/brown and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. For a stovetop, bring to a boil on medium-high heat, stirring often.
- As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, cover and lock lid in place. Select Low Pressure and set timer for 16 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, whisk eggs with half and half and vanilla, set aside.
- When the beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker, wait 10 minutes and then use a quick pressure release. Carefully remove the lid. Stir the rice in pot.
- Stir the egg mixture into the pot. Select saute/brown and cook uncovered until mixture just starts to boil. Turn off pressure cooker. Stir in raisins.
- Serve immediately, or pour into servings dishes cool then chill. (Pudding will thicken as it cools. I prefer my rice pudding to be warm. For leftover rice pudding, splash a little whole milk and microwave for about 1 minutes. Stir and enjoy!
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 538g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 175||21%|
|Total Fat 19.71g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 10.91g||44%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 142.65g||38%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|