Creamy Basil Chicken Pasta Recipe
This is a rich & creamy pasta that has quickly become a favorite with my family & friends. I like lots of garlic so feel free to cut the amount down to suit your personal tastes.
Cost per serving $2.52 view details
- 1 pound champanelle or gemelli noodles
- 1 pound (about 2 large) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- Â½ cup breadcrumbs
- Â¼ cup olive oil
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 cups finely shredded Fontina cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- Boil pasta per package directions. Drain (do not rinse!) and put back into pot. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil and then cover to keep warm.
- While the pasta is boiling chop chicken and place in zip top storage bag. Add breadcrumbs shake and use your hands to press crumbs into chicken until completely coated and most of the crumbs are no longer loose.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add chicken and toss occasionally so that all sides get browned. About 7 minutes in add garlic and toss. Try to toss this instead of âstirringâ it, this will help the breadcrumbs stay attached to the chicken. Cook for about 3 more minutes (check largest piece to make sure its done) and remove chicken from pan.
- If there is a ton of oil left in the pan pour most of it out, if not, add chicken broth, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then add cheese, bring back to a boil and cook, whisking occasionally for 5 minutes. Add basil and boil, whisking occasionally, for another 5 minutes.
- Pour over pasta and stir until combined. Garnish with basil.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 178g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 306||76%|
|Total Fat 34.71g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 16.93g||68%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.52g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|