Creamed Chicken Recipe
Cost per serving $2.07 view details
- 1 cup oleo ( butter)
- 2-3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 rib chopped celery
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth ( or 5 chicken cubes melted in same amount of water)
- 1 1/2 cups milk ( or half and half)
- 10 oz. cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken ( or shredded chicken)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional 1 cup frozen peas
- In 4 quart sauce pan, melt oleo, saute garlic,onion and celery.
- Over low flame stir in flour until it absorbs the fat and sticks to the garlic, onions and celery.
- Add broth, milk and allow to boil for a minute or so.
- Turn down flame, stir in mushroom sauce until mixed well and hot.
- Add chicken, chives and cook and stir until hot and well blended with all the ingredients
- Now you can add peas etc.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped chives etc..
- Serve over noodles, rice etc..
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 389g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 508||74%|
|Total Fat 57.14g||71%|
|Saturated Fat 13.26g||53%|
|Trans Fat 6.76g|
|Total Carbs 20.11g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|