Crawfish Stuffed Filet Mignon With Crawfish Sauce Bordelaise Recipe
Cost per serving $9.40 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, in all
- 1 tsp Finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp Finely chopped green onions
- 1 tsp Finely chopped celery
- 1 tsp Finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1 tsp Finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 lb Crawfish tails
- 2 Tbsp. Shrimp stock
- 2 Tbsp. Bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 c. Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce, (below)
- 4 x Filet mignons (6 to 7 ounces each), well marbled, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped shallots
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 1 tsp Creole seasoning
- 1/2 c. Dry red wine
- 1/4 lb Crawfish tails
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 x Turns freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. Veal or possibly Beef Glaze, (thickened veal or possibly beef stock)
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- 1 Tbsp. Minced green onions
- Here is an Emeril recipe......Luanne
- This is an astonishingly rich and wonderful dish, and not as difficult to make as you might think. Indulge thyself. Catholics are advised to head to confession after this one, as it's probably a sin. Heck, sinners have more fun, anyway.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add in the onions and green onions, celery, bell peppers, and garlic and saute/fry' for 1 minute. Add in the crawfish tails, stock, bread crumbs, and 1 tsp. creole seasoning and cook for 2 min. Remove from the heat and set aside to cold for at least 15 min.
- Makes 1 c..
- Prepare the Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce, and cover to keep hot.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tsp. of creole seasoning over the meat, using 1/2 tsp. on each steak and inside its pocket. Use your hands to coat the meat thoroughly, inside and out.
- Using a small knife, cut a slit about 2 inches long into the side of each steak and cut about 2 inches in to make a pocket. Stand the filets on their uncut edges and open the pockets. Using a spoon, fill each pocket with 1/4 c. of the cooled stuffing.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil in a skillet over high heat. When the oil is warm, add in the filets and saute/fry' till rare, for about 3 min on each side, or possibly medium rare, about 4 min on each side.
- To serve, place 1 filet on each of 4 dinner plates and cover with a generous 1/3 c. of the sauce.
- Makes 4 main-course servings.
- Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce: Combine the shallots, garlic, and creole seasoning in a small nonreactive saucepan and place over high heat and cook for 30 seconds. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn. Add in the wine and bring to a boil. Add in the crawfish, salt, and pepper and bring back to a boil.
- Stir in the glaze and bring back to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, skimming off the fat and impurities several times for 10 min. Turn up the heat to high, skim the remaining impurities from the top of the sauce, and cook for 1 to 2 min.
- Whisk in the butter and continue to whisk till throughly incorporated, for about 30 seconds. Add in the green onions and remove from the heat.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 334g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 399||60%|
|Total Fat 44.51g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 17.16g||69%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.61g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|